Sunday, October 26, 2008

Chili cook off!!

I made some chili for the ward chili cook off . I cooked the chili all day long and I thought that my chili didn't turn out very good at all. I used beans that I had soaked the night before, and even with cooking them all day they still came out a little hard. I decided to take my chili anyway, I am glad I did because I won third place in the chili cook off! Yeah, I was so shocked, I still cant believe it. I wonder if the andes mint chocolate chip that Scott threw in the chili made the difference?!

Jenny DeCow's award winning Chili

3 cups pinto beans (soak them the night before)
2 15 oz cans petite diced tomatoes I used chipotle flavored
2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
1 15oz can of black beans
2 lbs Hamburger
1 onion (cook with hamburger)
2 pkgs chili seasoning
1 andes mint chocolate chip (optional)

Cook pinto beans on low for about 3 hrs, drain. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and one pkg of seasoning. Cook on high for about 3 hrs. Add black beans and cooked hamburger, onion and chili seasoning. Cook until your ready to eat.

So, there you have it. That is how I made my chili. I didn't even get a chance to eat it.

5 comments:

Sherri said...

I bet it was the combination of the Andes Mint and the Chipolte that made it a winner!!!

Aubrey said...

Awesome secret ingredient. What a twerp--maybe he needs an Andes mint in his Star Trek outfit.

Shauna said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome Jenny :) You are such a wonderful cook!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I'll have to try it out. :)

Sarah said...

I love chili! I wish my family did so I could make it.