Tuesday, August 5, 2008

20 Days and Counting!!!

Today there are 20 days til school starts!! I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I hate for my kids to go I get all depressed and lonely. I love to hang out and play with my kids. I have had fun taking them to cherry hill and the planetarium and shopping. On the other hand, this year seem to be hard because they are both getting older and very moody. I guess its those teenage years coming into play. I am tired of the kids saying how bored they are and I am tired of watching Super Y and Clifford and Dragon tales. Yes my kids still watch those shows. I am tired of the kids getting on each others nerves and I am tired of them fighting. This is the first year that I am actually excited for school to start. I love my kids, but it will be nice to have some quiet time and time alone with Nicholas, the one child who is to young to back talk you and tell you they hate you. It will be nice to have time to myself and I can watch Dr. Phil and General Hospital again, although if I have gone all summer without watching soaps Now would be a good time to stop watching them. The best part about school starting is that I get to go school clothes shopping!! I get to go shopping for school supplies! I don't know why, but I love to buy school supplies!!

7 comments:

Shauna said...

YIPPEE SKIPPEE!!! I hear you woman! I love shopping but school clothes shopping for me is NOT fun at all! My boys are older now and picky and it totally stresses me out. So maybe this year they will go shopping with Dad for clothes while I go shop for girl stuff :)

Aapree said...

Yeah for school! This time of year I start getting a little nostalgia for the good old days when I was in school. It would be nice not to have to be an adult and have responsibilities! Let's get together with Grandma for lunch one day after school starts! I will send you those pictures of Grandma and Grandpa soon!

Sherri said...

I am kind of excited for Micayla to start school but sad too!! We got a letter from her teacher today and I started crying because it's getting so close!

Anonymous said...

Good..! The best part of back to school is school supplies shopping.

Aubrey said...

I love new boxes of crayons. Yum. I can't wait for all my kids to be at school all day, but I am not lookingforward to getting up early again and getting everyone ready so I can walk the girlie to school. Stupid child abductors/molesters/whatever elsers.

Unknown said...

I homeschool so I haven't had the pleasure of the first day off to school and some much appreciated 'me' time... ahhhh... that sounds wonderful. I don't mind though... the older they get the easier it is... I just hate getting the year prepared, it seems to take longer each year.

annisa said...

Yes, I love Buying school supplies too! Brand new crayons, paper, glue sticks, markers! It's all good! My girls think I'm nuts! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one!