Friday, July 18, 2008

Girls Camp







I went to girls camp this year. I hadn't been to girls camp for 16 years! I had so much fun!! I loved it!! Lets say, I got to know the girls on a whole new level! They are an awesome bunch of girls. They really look out for each other. We did secret sisters. I had no idea who mine was. I thought it was a leader, but no it was Kensie!
She gave me cute stuff. Girls Camp was at Camp Atoka, about 3.6 miles from Huntsville. We boated at Pineview lake. Boating was fun, even though I didn't get on the boat til the very last time. Hello, It was way embarrassing trying to get on the boat. When we got back everyone was watching me to see how I'm going to get off the boat, so I decided to just go for it and jump right off the boat and into the lake! Anyway, we all got sunburned. Playing games around the campfire was pretty fun too. OK, I was totally bad at playing them, but it was fun anyway. Adam is the funniest person ever! It was fun to have Bishop and Adam there. We made some cute magnet boards too. Nothing like going camping to do crafts. Now that's my kind of camping!! I am so glad I went. I needed the time with the girls and I so need a break from my kids. I love them but sometimes you just need a break. You'll have to ask me about sleeping in the tent and Karen's nightmare. I was trying so hard not to laugh. :)

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

I totally want to know about sleeping in the tent and Karen's nightmare? Was that Karen Blauer--did she come back up to go with you guys?
Looks like you guys had so much fun--I'm jealous, I think on my best girl's camp, we floated down the river on tubes--we never went BOATING. Where did you guys go? I love how you wore the Bishop out.

Aubrey said...

Um, you like my extra question mark, when I only needed a period? Oops.

Shauna said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I am looking forward to hearing about Karen's nightmare! I know the girls just love you Jenny, you are so much fun! Love Ya Lots! Hugs!

fergusonfam said...

Those are great pictures. I'm so glad that we were all there. The girls really do love you and I'm so lucky to have you in there with me. I don't know what I would do without you, literally.

Sherri said...

I can't wait to hear the story!!! Sounds like lots of fun!!!

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun Jen! I'm glad you got to get away from your kids for once. Not that they aren't totally adorable, just you sometimes need a break.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.