Friday, July 25, 2008

Bountiful Parade







We went to the Bountiful parade on July 23. The parade was to start at 6pm, but where we sat it didn't get there until 6:30pm. It was so hot, luckily we had a kind of shady spot. The parade had some cool floats . The parade lasted until 8pm. I thought that was a pretty long parade. I really hate it when the crowd starts moving closer and closer to the middle of the street. I guess that just comes with the excitement of the parade. Scott caught a Frisbee that someone threw to him and the kids got some taffy. I was at the parade with my sister Sarah and her family. They live in a beautiful house in Bountiful. The parade reminded me of times when I was in parades growing up. Oh, how I hated being in parades. OK, I hated wearing the band uniforms, especially in the hot Dixie sun. I mean get real!! If you live in Dixie you need light weight uniforms, not the heavy long sleeve uniforms. The uniforms even had the big hats with a single feather. Yuck I hated those days. There is one time when I was Miss Congeniality, that I did get to ride with the Ivins Royalty. That was ok. Nicholas loved to see the parade. He especially loved the animals. All in all we had a pretty good time.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

I'm thinking we need to checkout that parade since it looks like it actually has floats. Did you go to the firewirks too? We watched them in my in-laws' driveway.

Sarah said...

Thanks for coming to the parade with us. As far as parades go, this one was great! Next year I will defin ately get even better seats - And remember your chair!

Shauna said...

Hey Jenny :) Glad you and Sarah had fun today! Enjoy your weekend!

annisa said...

Hi Jenny!
I love your blog! Thanks for telling me about it! Your kids are so darling! I can't wait to come and see your goats and your adorable little dog! I will see you on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Your comment about the band uniforms made me laugh! I remember sweating so much in those heavy (and of course--long sleeve) uniforms! yuck!! I was in our small children's parade (supervising kids)for the 24th! :) Atleast I didn't have to wear a uniform!